SEEC follows Montgomery County Public School (MCPS) closure policy during inclement weather as announced by TV and radio stations. You may also call SEEC (301-576-9000) for a recorded message, or contact your direct support staff.
If MCPS is closed for inclement weather:
- SEEC’s day programs (Employment and Day Supports) are closed. The Supported Living program is always “open”
If MCPS has a delayed opening for inclement weather:
- SEEC offices and programs are open normal hours, 9am-5pm
If MCPS closes early for inclement weather:
- SEEC will contact families and make transportation arrangements to send individuals home
If MCPS is open for “administrative personnel only” during inclement weather:
- SEEC will not be providing support services to individuals. Staff should contact their supervisor ASAP
In the event of inclement weather and SEEC is open but MCPS is already closed due to their normal operating calendar, please contact SEEC (301-576-9000) or your direct support staff.
Employment and Day Supports:
- Follow MCPS closure policy as announced on radio and TV, and as explained above. Individuals supported in paid positions follow their employers’ policy concerning weather closures.
- Individuals in Supported Living will continue to be supported at home if the conditions outside are determined to be unsafe, and if the individuals’ day programs are not operating.
- Expect delays during inclement weather.